Dr. Ralph Gurevitch, MD, MRCOG, FACOG C S (C)
Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Performed on-site at Associate Foot Specialists Clinic
Suite 1520, 1800 4th Street SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2S 2S5
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call 403-228-5221 to book an appointment.
Dr. Ralph Gurevitch has over 45 years experience performing circumcisions on newborns less than six weeks old.
The procedure is done using the Gomco Clamp Method.
Preparation for Circumcision
2 hours prior to your son’s appointment:
- Feeding your son MUST be stopped 2 hours prior to the circumcision procedure.
- Failure to do so will result in the need to reschedule the appointment.
1 hour prior to your son’s appointment:
- Apply Emla Cream in a thick layer to the head of the penis.
- Wrap the shaft of the penis only with plastic wrap; leave the top open so the baby can still urinate.
Post Circumcision Care
- There will be Vaseline gauze on the penis after the procedure. This may fall off quickly, possibly with the next diaper change. If it does, do not replace it. If it is still there after 24 hours, please remove it.
- Use lots of Vaseline on the diaper to prevent the penis from sticking to it.
- Ensure that the diaper is put on loosely for the rest of the first day.
- For the first 48 hours, sponge-bathe your baby only. Do not immerse in water.
- Should you encounter any problems, please call Dr. Ralph Gurevitch at 403-281-5279.